Tuesday 12 June 2012

Baltimore Part 7: Exploring Baltimore



My second full week in Baltimore was probably defined by exploring and finding my feet in the city. We took a walk to see City Hall, which amazingly I hadn't managed to find by myself. On the way we came across this unusual door:



And had a pretty good view of the Shot Tower:



Reminds me of Cardiff City Hall for some reason, maybe the dome?



War Memorial:



Funky horse:



Another day I took myself back up to Mount Vernon for some more exploring. Love this view of the Washington Monument through the trees:



And treeless:



Also in this week N took me up to Johns Hopkins Hospital to see where he works. Not many pictures because it was raining, but this is the view of downtown from the top:





Come back next time to read about ice cream and pirates!

2 comments:

  1. I think those doors might have been modeled after the baptistry doors in Florence. Not sure I've seen those ones in Baltimore before! Mel Edden xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooo that's interesting Mel! I can't actually remember where we saw it now, but it was somewhere between our apartment and City Hall!

      Delete