Thursday 26 December 2013

Gemswirls 2013 recap: January - February

I feel that I didn't do a very good job of keeping my blog up to date this year, so I figured that this time between Christmas and New Year would be a perfect time to do a recap of my 2013, if I can remember it!

I wasn't too bad at blogging in January (see here) and the year started out well.

2013 Goals

I set some goals for 2013 out in my New Year blog post, and I'm happy to say that I did pretty well:

  • Join Girl Scouts - this actually took a lot longer than I expected, but I ended up starting with my troop of Cadettes (age 12-13) when school went back in September, and accidentally became troop leader!
  • Lose American belly - pretty happy with my health and fitness levels at the moment, got a good exercise regime going and have been maintaining a healthy weight for a while.
  • Plan wedding - happy to say, with 5.5 months to go, that things are well on track. We had a good start with finally starting our savings account in January and then booking our venue in February.
  • Stop scratching my face - not so good with this one, although I did better over the past few weeks when N threatened to take one of Christmas presents away for every time I did!

Baking & Cooking

N got two baking books for Christmas last year, so January last year was the real beginning of the obsession, making tasty simple bread, and Dutch filled cookies. And I started a digital subscription to the BBC Good Food magazine and made lots of tasty meals, trends which both of us continued all year.

Other stuff

I joined the uni gym in January and was super proud of myself for going swimming, and started going to water aerobics.

We watched a lot of Bones!

We spent a day at the Smithsonian Zoo in Washington DC.

The Baltimore Ravens won the Super Bowl!

N & I celebrated our four-year anniversary by going out for sushi.

My sister started planning her trip to the USA.

I finally had my first paper accepted!

We watched some roller derby.

I went to the massive American Craft Center show at the Convention Centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment